Nous sommes le 28 Mar 2024, 14:38

Online     TeamSpeak UT99     UnrealTournament-V3     Download     Utfiles medor     Vote Weborama     Vote Unrealtop200     Vote xtremetop100     free TeamSpeak     Unreal Soundtracks     Google    Mini-Chat Mini-Chat

Help with translations for Mapraider 2.0 (also french) 
Auteur Message

Nouveau message Help with translations for Mapraider 2.0 (also french)
I'm reposting this from http://www.mapraider.com/forums/thread/?thread=1817
So more people can join in and help with Mapraider 2.0 translations :)
Mapraider is a website to host your UT maps on, watch the Mapraider 2.0 trailer to see what's coming.
Especially here there are a lot of french people who can help with the french translations.

FreakinMeany a écrit:
We're looking for individuals to help with translation for Mapraider 2.0. If you or someone you know has a knowledge of gaming terminology, and is interested in donating some time to translate small bits of text from English, please contact us and let us know.
Based on Mapraider traffic over the last few years, we're hoping to start with translations for Dutch, French, German and Spanish, but any contributions are welcome and appreciated.

Originally posted by FreakinMeany a écrit:
I'm using the crowd-sourcing tool "Transifex.com" to facilitate translation. Anyone with an account there can help and it's free to sign up and start translating:

*** Using Transifex.com ***

First, sign up for a free Transifex account:
[list=1][*]Go to https://www.transifex.com/
[*]Click the "SIGN UP FREE" button in the top right corner of the home page
[*]Fill out the username, email address and password fields and click the sign-up button
[*]When the activation email comes, click the activation link
[*]On the page you end up at, click the "I am a translator" button on the right[/list=1]
Next, find and join the Mapraider language project(s) you can help with:
[list=1][*]Click the "EXPLORE" navigation button in the top-right of the site
[*]Click the "Projects" tab
[*]Type "mapraider" in the tag filter box and press the enter key. The Mapraider "UI resources for Mapraider 2.0" project should display. Click it.
[*]Click on one of the language names
[*]On the language detail page, click the "Join team" button and then the "Join language translation" button that appears[/list=1]
Once I approve your team join request, you can start translating. To do so:
[list=1][*]Login, go to the Mapraider project page (should be listed on your dashboard)
[*]Click the language project you joined
[*]Click one of the resource files (groups of text to be translated). For example: "Global Resources"
[*]Click the "Translate Now" button[/list=1]
At this point you can start entering the translated text on the right side. English that you're translating is always shown on the left. Be sure to click "Save and Exit" when you're done.

*** Translating ***

Most translations are straight-forward. Just type in the translated string and save. There are a few special things to be aware of though:

Tokens: MANY strings have tokens in them that get replaced with a value later. For example, "%days% days" would have the "%days%" portion replaced with a numeric value. eg. "12 days" The text between the percent symbols should remain the same and *not* be translated. For example, in Spanish, "%days% days" would be translated as:
[blockquote]"%days% días"[/blockquote]
Pluralization: Some strings have pipe symbols (|) separating seemingly repeated text. For example: "%days% day|%days% days" The pipe symbol separates singular and plural forms. In this case, it would be singular "day" and plural "days." For Dutch, German and Spanish, follow the same form as English. In other words:
[blockquote]singular form|plural form[/blockquote]
For French, it'll still have two versions separated by pipe, but the first one is for zero, singular form and the second is for plural:
[blockquote]zero or one form|plural form[/blockquote]

If you have any questions, please let me know. I may have some minor additions to these in the near future, but they should be mostly complete. Thanks for any help you can give! It is greatly appreciated.

Language still needing translation:
Spanish
French
German
Hungarian

You can find the project here: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/mapraider/

22 Sep 2012, 21:07
Profil Envoyer un e-mail
Administrateur

Nouveau message Re: Help with translations for Mapraider 2.0 (also french)
I will pass the request for assistance to friends because my English is rudimentary . :dunno:

You can paste here a text to be translated. I can see if it is not too complicated or technical.

22 Sep 2012, 22:13
Profil Envoyer un e-mail